Friday, November 13, 2009

Which is more important: subject or the modifiers?

Pls have a look at the sentence for example: "It is a cluster of jasmines I bought las night."


What is the most important or first impression to you? The jasmine or the modifers "I bought last night"?~~

Which is more important: subject or the modifiers?
actually, the subject of the modifiers is "cluster" which is modified by "of jasmines" and "[that] I bought last night"


and cluster being an unsual word, it makes it even more important.


normally, the object/subject of the modifiers is the most important. Consider your sentence in a context with the subject left out


"What is that?"


"it is what I bought last night"


"that is not what I asked, what is it?"





"I
Reply:to me the jasmines are most important.


No comments:

Post a Comment